Exchange Account Connections can generally import normal buy and sell trades, deposit and withdrawal information from the exchange. Deposits and withdrawals are only imported if the
"Import withdrawals/deposits" toggle is turned ON while adding the connection.
However, exchange account connections have many limitations and are not a one-stop solution. Due to the following limits, your imported balances in Delta may not match what is reported on the exchange. Here is a list of known limitations:
Delta does not support margin transactions
Margin trades done on exchange may not be imported correctly or imported at all. Supporting margin trades is on our roadmap.
Almost all exchange connections do not expose the following in their API:
- Delisted Coins
- Forked Coins
- Air Drops
- Distributions (GAS, VTHO, etc.)
- Referral Bonuses
- Sub Account Trades
- Margin Trades
- Stop-Limit Orders
- Binance is not providing certain coin purchases for fiat from the "Cash balance" or the "Convert" Transactions. They can only be entered manually.
- We do not import the distribution history via the Binance Connection. These are forked coins, air drops, commissions and GAS distributions. They have to be entered manually.
- Delta will not import transactions for coins with 0 balances and 0 withdrawals and 0 deposits. For example, if you bought a coin XYZ and sold it completely (i.e. it's balance in Binance is zero) and never deposited or withdrew XYZ then the app will not import any XYZ trades. To import such trades open the Binance connection, tap on the 3 dots and run a "Full Sync" while keeping the app open.
- If you traded any discontinued (delisted) coins like BCN, BTM, BTT, CHAT, CTR, ELC, EOP, HCC, HSR, HS, ICN, LLT, RPX, TRIG or VEN, these need to be added manually as the API does not expose them.
- Stop-limit orders, staking rewards, margin trades are not imported.
- Only the last 100 deposits or withdrawals can be imported.
- Delta can only import the last 100 transactions on Kucoin. Any history older than the last 100 trades will not be imported. Instead an automatic entry (described below) will be added to match the balance on KuCoin.
- Delta will not import transactions for coins with 0 balances and 0 withdrawals and 0 deposits. For example, if you bought a coin XYZ and sold it completely (i.e. it's balance in KuCoin is zero) and never deposited or withdrew XYZ then the app will not import any XYZ trades.
- At the moment, we do not support import of margin trades so these may be imported incorrectly.
- Settlements are not imported.
Automatic Balance Adjustments
A deposit or withdrawal entry automatically created to match balance of the coin to that on the exchange when there are API limitations that prevent import of full trade history. An Automatic Balance Adjustment is created in the following situations:
- Automatic Balance Adjustment happens only once if the exchange connection is for Binance, Binance US, Binance Jersey, Bittrex, Huobi or Poloniex.
- Automatic Balance Adjustments happen on every sync if the exchange connection is CEX, KuCoin, Bitpanda, or Coinspot.
- You have enabled
"Import all transactions"
- You have no existing manual transactions for that exchange
This entry will have a note explaining that it is an "automatically generated transaction to adjust balance...".