You can always recover your data in case of a lost or broken device with Delta's new back-up and restore feature. You can generate and save a recovery QR code which acts like a key to your data.
To generate a recovery code:
- On the device with your data, go into Settings -> Generate recovery code. This will create a dynamic recovery QR code, which does not expire.
- Take a screenshot of this code and store it somewhere safe.
- Note that this will make a previously saved code invalid and unusable.
Note: This is NOT a snapshot of your data. The 'back-up' code created is dynamic i.e. it will always restore to the last known state. Think of it like a key to your data. Therefore you cannot, for example, delete some transactions and then recover them from a code.
To restore from recover code:
- Go into Settings -> Restore from recovery code.
- Scan the recovery code using the camera and confirm.
Be aware that all the data from the device that you generated the backup code with (and all devices synced to this device) will be deleted.