Please update to version 1.6 and above to use exchange account connections.
Every user can connect up to two different exchange accounts. If you want unlimited connections, then you can very easily do this by becoming PRO. 😎
Setting up your exchange API details is not super straightforward. It involves logging into the exchange of your choice, creating an API key & filling that data into the form - so read the following carefully.
Setting up Exchange Account Connections:
- Exchange connections are tied to individual portfolios. So if you are a PRO user, enter the portfolio you want to connect to an exchange.
- Tap the white circle with the 'plus' sign and select "Connect Exchange Account" on the next page.
- Choose which exchange you would like to connect.
- Once you choose an exchange you will need to fill out the form correctly. Specific instructions for an exchange are provided via the '?' icon on the top right. (Coinbase connection doesn't have a form. It will ask for authorization when you tap 'Add connection'. After authorization, tap on 'Add connection' again).
- Import withdrawals / deposits: Turning this option on will import fiat and cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals made to and from that exchange. Please note that by enabling this option, balances will be impacted as holdings will either be decreased or increased since we don't know where the funds are being sent to or from.
- Import past transactions: If you turn this option on, Delta will import your trade history. Please be aware that importing past transactions might heavily influence your current portfolio balances. Funds that are being used need to be accounted for. If you actually did the groundwork of adding all past trades manually & don’t want to mess with it then leave the option off. Basically this means that we’ll only start importing trades that happen from that point onward. Also be aware that not all exchanges allow us to go back to the time of your first trade on that exchange. Some exchanges limit the import to the last 30 days, 60 days or 90 days, etc.
- Remove existing transactions: If you turn on 'Import past transactions', you will also have this option. This will basically delete all manually entered transactions with the particular exchange selected in the time frame allowed by the API. The removed transactions will be restored if and when you delete the connection.
- Once the details have been filled tap on "Add Connection".
Important Things to Note:
- Exchange account connections are not a magical one-stop solution to import all your transaction history. They have some limitations which are outlined here.
- The toggles for 'Import withdrawals/deposit', 'Import past transactions' and 'Remove existing transactions' can only be turned on when adding a connection. Once a connection is added, they cannot be toggled.
Important! Your keys are stored on your device & are never sent to the server. This is an extra layer of security which comes with one caveat: API keys data will not be recovered/transferred/synced. There’s however no need to enter the API keys on every synced device, as the trades itself will be synced.